Welcome and Thank-you for visiting the Girlguiding Caithness
Caithness is one of 38 counties in Scotland. Caithness has
300 Girlguiding members, in Scotland there are 70,000 members.
Aim of Girlguiding is to enable girls and young women to
fulfil their potential and to take an active and responsible role in society
through our distinctive, stimulating and enjoyable programme of activities
delivered by trained volunteer leaders. If you would like more information
Girlguiding Changing the World challenge (now until August 2009)
Girlguiding Caithness are currently changing the world. There are 19 Changing the World partner charities with hundreds of projects for the girls to choose and take part in community action and change the world.
Centenary Celebrations (1910 - 2010)
September 2009 Girlguiding will go forward into our centenary celebrations knowing that we do make a difference, and that guiding can change the world.
- Liz Bamber - County Commissioner - .
- Girlguiding Caithness is a charity registered in Scotland, No SC 022672.
- Rainbows - Age 5 to 7
- 1st Halkirk,
1st Thurso &
- Rainbows have a special programme to: Look, Laugh, Learn, Love.
- Brownies - Age 7 to 10
- 1st Lybster,
2nd Wick &
- Brownies have fun! They take part in indoor and outdoor
activities that challenge them to do their best!
- Guides - Age 10 to 14
- 1st Halkirk,
5th Thurso &
- Guides belong to a group, learn new skills, make new
friends and help others.
- Senior Section - Age 14 to 26
- 1st Thurso Rangers &
- Plan their own programme of activities which have
included abseiling, evening reception at Castle of Mey, Christmas card
- Develop leadership skills working with one of the
- Take part in Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
- Adult Leader - Age 18 to 64
- With all the above units.
- All support the aim of Girlguiding. Use their talents,
learn new skills, develop existing skills and make new friends! Also to put
something back by helping, encouraging and promoting young people today.
- Volunteer / Supporters - Age 18+
- Help at unit meetings and events.
- Support Girlguiding with their fundraising. Money has
been raised for local charities (Balmore), national organisations (Leukemia),
specific Girlguiding trips (to cover costs of transport and accommodation to
Landmark, Edinburgh and various camps).
- Caithness Trefoil Guild - Age 18 + (no upper age limit)
- Various locations in Caithness, meeting monthly
- Enjoy Guiding
- Like learning new things
- Meeting new people
- Getting involved with local Guiding
L to R:- Caithness Girlguide badge - Brownies badge - Guide badges - Rainbow motto
Site Developed by:-